Every summer, dog owners are cautioned not to leave their dog in a hot car. Even if a vehicle merely stands in the sun for a few minutes, it may rapidly become a dog oven. Many dogs have actually died as a result of this careless behavior.
29-year-old Zoey Thornton was a customer at a Tesco Supermarket in Swansea, Wales. She and her mother were loading things into their car when they noticed a woman who appeared to be quite concerned. They went to investigate and discovered that a dog was stuck inside a vehicle. The outside temperature was at 77 degrees Fahrenheit, making the inside of the car nearly 109 degrees.
The dog had been alone in the car for 15 minutes. As many people gathered around the vehicle, the bystanders contacted the store to make announcements over the loudspeaker. The store repeatedly requested the car owner to come outside, but no one responded.
Someone had phoned the cops, but the bystanders couldn’t wait much longer. As a result, a man smashed the vehicle window. He attempted to offer the dog water, but the poor puppy was too scared to approach him. To reach the dog, the man got inside the car through the window.
A woman then walked the dog out of the car and into the shade. She tried to give the dog a bowl of water, but he was still afraid to drink from it. He was hot and thirsty, but he was also perplexed and terrified by the circumstances. Thornton videotaped the entire incident and shared it on social media.
The owner of the car eventually arrived on the scene. It’s unclear what happened next; however, South Wales Police later reported that they identified the owners and gave them advice. Any dog parent who puts their dog in danger, on the other hand, should face the consequences. This, hopefully, will serve as a timely warning to everyone that you should never leave your dog alone in a hot car.
All photos courtesy of Zoey Thornton Facebook